Monday 12 September 2011

I've been a bit creative...

A bit of a different post today! For a school project I have to make a shoe bag, and I decided I am going to make mine for my little sister. We were all told that a shoe mood board would help us with the designing process, and here's mine: (inspiration is my four year old sister, btw)
Have you ever made a mood board? Do you know what one is? If you're thinking of making one, if it's for deciding a style for a party or even redesigning your home, here's how to get started:

THINGS TO MAKE YOUR MOOD BOARD BETTER:
.A piece of card (A3 is best, but A4 works too)
.Lots of magazines
.The Internet (for google images)
.Little pieces of fabric
.Colour charts
.Buttons, thread
.Stickers
.Wrapping paper


^^^All of these things are on mine!


TIPS WHEN DOING YOUR MOOD BOARD:
.Decide on a theme beforehand. ALWAYS.
.Get ALL the things you need in front of you, (all the materials and pictures- including those you've printed on the Internet, plus scissors, glue and tape)before starting.
.Start with big pieces of material or big pictures first, then layer the other ones on top. This will prevent the smaller pictures from being covered up by accident.
.I didn't do this in my mood board this time, but I have done it for others: look for related words in magazines and newspapers and add them in to really make your mood board interesting.

I hope I've inspired you to start your own mood board whenever the next designing task faces you! What do you think of mine?
From The Girl With The Notepad :)

4 comments:

  1. good ideas. im gonna try it. check out my blog and tell me what you think. tiana248.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Viv & tiana, thanks for commenting!
    theVibeGirl- erm, a bag specially for your shoes? xx

    ReplyDelete

Five minutes of your time can make my day... :)