Wednesday 21 September 2011

Books you've gotta read...

I think it's fair to say that all lovers of writing are also lovers of books. Want a good read? Here are my recommendations!

An absolutley amazing story, everyone I have met who has read it has said the same. It's all about a girl who's adopted and wants to find out where she came from...Girl, Missing by Sophie Mckenzie

One of the weirdest stories I've ever read, but it's incredible! A classic, but the best one! This book could come under loads of catagories: Classic, Romantic, Thriller, Mystery... it's got it all. The story? An orphan Jane who has it tough growing up.. and one day she meets a interesting Mr Rochester... Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte

Pack it in with the bikini and the sunscreen... a light, breezy read, but fantastic! All about Sarah, Bron, and Elsa, three women trying to create perfect weddings, while struggling with love themselves...

A very strange book, yet so riveting. From the first page I was sucked in... this book's all about the mystery. Read and find out why a famous author Vida Winter who never tells the truth is desperate to tell her strange life story to a stranger Margaret Lea... The Thirteenth Tale, Diane Setterfield

I don't care if it's meant for little kids! I LOVE this book! It's so great if you're in need of a comfort story. Meet James who goes on a strange adventure with some animal friends... James And The Giant Peach, Roald Dahl
Okay, so what are your recommendations for me?
From The Girl With The Notepad :)

2 comments:

  1. OOO they look good, the first one reminds me of a book called Stolen by Lucy Christopher? It's really good you should read it :D Hmmm Jane Eyre, classics are good but teenage fiction is just too addictive i cant stick to classics xD aw you like james and he giant peach too!? its so cute and sad but i love the ending :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I love Jane Eyre - I remember falling in love with it my senior year of high school...
    I love reading in general and I know that reading such inspiring material has led me to start writing my novel, Boston in Common. I see you like pink - me, too! It's so different and it's a great accent color to the primary colors of my everyday wardrobe - black, gray and brown. Pink is always a great pop of color! Very original - just like my blogs bostonincommonnovel.blogspot.com and bostonincommonman.wordpress.com - where I am posting new chapters of my book weekly. I'd be honored if you would read it and tell me what you think - Chapters 1-5 are up now :)

    ReplyDelete

Five minutes of your time can make my day... :)