Tuesday 4 October 2011

Autumn Leaves

Hey! Before I start the post- just a quick thank you to everyone who's commenting, they really make my day and I've had lots recently. THANK YOU!!!
Looking out of the window, it's all I can see... this poem's about autumn leaves.

HER VIEW:
I wade my way through.
Stop and sigh with frustration.
Then go on again.
They're tangled in my hair
A swirling oasis of burnt orange and fiery reds,
They're beautiful.
The same colour as my hair
But somehow, my hair's not beautiful.
A face at the end of the street catches mine, briefly.
The eyes linger.
Over the swirling oasis of burnt orange and fiery reds.

HIS VIEW:
Dull leaves scattered.
Scattered at my footsteps.
As if they're scared.
Of what? Of falling to the ground I suppose
Though that's just what is their fate.
Bright colours dulled
Once bright green, full of life
Now dying.
A face catches mine at the other end of the street.
Her hair is the exact shade of a leaf caught in it.
But somehow, the leaf's not beautiful...


Let me know what you think!- not just of this post, is there also anything you think would be cool to post about?
From The Girl With The Notepad :)

1 comment:

  1. aw this made me smile :) It's adorable and I'm a sucker for things like these esp with different perspectives like this
    what about some fanfiction? something inspired by a movie or a novel you read?

    shenanigansofcaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Five minutes of your time can make my day... :)