Tuesday 15 November 2011

Wishes & waves

Something to sweep you away, a quick sketch......

I sink into the soft grains of sand. They quickly engulf my legs, swallowing them up so only my pink toenails are visible- pink that is, decorated with sand sprinkles. It's a beautiful time to be up. Only tiny wisps of clouds are making their way across the sky, like fragments of candyfloss. The sun has just arrived. And so, I see, have you.
You sit by my side all morning, tracing broken hearts in the sand, splashing in the waves, dancing in both. You listen and you don't interrupt. There's no-one else around. We are safe in our own little paradise.
It's warm, well- actually, slightly cold. I wrap a soft blanket around my shoulders and sigh. When was the last time I actually though deeply about things? When was the last time I smiled with genuine abandon? When was the last time I watched nature get on with it?
I look down to you, and sigh as you start to dissolve in the water. A shadow doesn't stay where you can always see it, I guess.
I stand up, ready to return to real life.
Well, almost.
I send my wishes out to the waves.........
From The Girl With The Notepad :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Five minutes of your time can make my day... :)