Mmmmmmm... I've died and gone to heaven. Why? Because I've just bit into an yummy chocolate cupcake! Here's the GORGEOUS recipe: (Recipe from http://www.cathycassidy.com/.)
2 and a 1/4 cups plain flour 150g butter- softened
1 and 1/3 cups sugar 250g icing sugar
2 large free-range eggs 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
3 teaspoons baking powder 2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt Decorations-chocolate buttons, sprinkles, etc
1/2 cup butter/margarine YOU WILL NEED:
1 cup milk A cupcake baking tray
1 teaspoon vanilla essence A mixing bowl
Cupcake paper liners
A wooden spoon or electric mixer
1. Preheat oven to 180 C/ 350 F/ Gas Mark 4. Put paper cases in cupcake tray.
2. Put flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl and mix well.
3. Add butter, milk, and vanilla essence. Beat the mixture for 1 minute until thick and gooey, and add eggs. Beat for a further 1 minute at medium speed, and then for 2 minutes at high speed.
4. Spoon cupcake mix into tray until 1/2 to 2/3 full and bake for 20-25 minutes. Leave to cool.
5. For the icing, beat together the butter and icing sugar. Mix the cocoa powder and water in a separate bowl.
6. Add the combined cocoa powder and water to the butter and sugar. Beat until smooth and creamy and then swirl over your cupcakes.
Yummy or what? Let me know if you give it a try, or if you have any cool recipes you'd like to share.
From The Girl With The Notepad :)